Powered by: www.wowwoo.com

Wednesday 25 September 2013

Indulge in Mille Crepe today!

Anyone said desserts?

I have such a sweet tooth in fact; I am the kind of girl who would go an extra mile to satisfy my cravings for desserts such as cakes, macaroons, chocolate and many more. I’m sure there are plenty of people out there will be similar to me who willing to take extra effort to pacify their urge for dessert. Today, I am going to talk about few renowned dessert houses in Kuala Lumpur who serve the now famous dessert- Mille Crepe or also known as thousand layer cakes. Mille Crepe is loved by many, and their various flavors simply attract many youngsters such as yours truly! People are still getting used to the idea of thousands layer cake, so these sinful indulgence are gradually gaining popularity among Malaysians. Today, I will share with you on the couple of cafés that are specialized in catering Mille Crepes or also known as thousand layers cakes. Be prepared to encounter delicious and sweet mille crepes now!

My friends went to Malacca for vacation; I couldn’t join them due to some personal reasons. I felt bitter for not being able to join them and as though to adding fuel to my rage, they were posting out pictures on facebook on how much fun they were having, and that’s when I came across the famous house of mille crepe in Malacca- Nadeje. They were posting (bragging, maybe) out pictures of beautiful glorious Mille Crepes and leave me feeling all puffed up. That was the first I am seeing something so tasty and tempting at the same time, but I have no choice. I have to go to Malacca to have a slice of glorious crepe from Nadeje, and that was simply impossible. Feeling defeated, I return to my usual routine of life. One day, Nadeje announced that they are finally branching out in Petaling Jaya! Imagine how wonderful I feel! I took my chance, and went to try the famous Nadeje mille crepe as soon as I could.

Nadeje Café owns a very simple interior, with very limited seats. I was greeted with lines of yummy crepes on the counter, as though they are waiting faithfully for me. The choices were simply overwhelming, but a decision has to be taken in the end right?




Courtesy of Nadeje
After contemplating for some time, I decide to go with strawberry chocolate as well as double chocolate, because 1 slice will not do! It’s quite pricey (RM9.50/ per slice) but what the heck! I've been waiting to reward my palates with Nadeje Mille Crepe for so long, what’s a little money? Strawberry chocolate was made with fine texture, it has the right balance of sweet and sour, and not too overwhelming, so I knew the next cake will fit into my tummy just fine. My first taste of double chocolate was utterly wonderful, there’s a hint of bitterness, complimenting the sweetness very well. Every bite is a new experience, and every chew sends me right to the outer space. (Getting a little too poetic, aren’t we?) While I felt so ecstatic about the crepes, my friend was not too impressed. When asked why she is feeling so, she merely replied, “Malacca’s Nadeje was much better.” Pfft! What a kill joy.

For more details on Nadeje, visit here.

Being an avid fan of Nadeje, it’s always feel like I am betraying my first love if I was asked by someone to try mille crepes at different café. Well such day did arrive when the love of my life asked me if I would like to try mille crepes at the newly opened Humble Beginnings. I loved the sound of that name, and after saying a little apology to Nadeje, I stormed away to Humble Beginnings, to tantalize my palate with yummy crepes. 

As I arrive at the café, I had to instantly say another apology to Nadeje, because I am already in love with the interior of Humble Beginning, with warm lights shining down at the counter displaying delicious crepes, my heart leapt with joy! 

Courtesy of Wowwoo
Without further ado, I’ve placed an order of French Vanilla as well as Oreo Cookies and Cream, and waited for my cakes patiently. I took my first bite of French Vanilla and I was completely smitten with the creamy texture. What I loved most about it, was the lack of sweetness of the cake which complimented the cream very well. Oh, how wonderful. Oreo cookies and cream was also a surprise with each bite. The crunch of the biscuits goes together very, very well. There are plenty of other flavors are available, so you will be spoilt for choices!

For more details on Humble Beginnings, please visit here.


I’ve came to a conclusion, well it’s okay to love these two places, what’s wrong in indulging in both? If you want to have a better judgment, why not head over to the places and find out for yourself? I’m sure you will fall head over heels for these places and their famous crepes! Happy Indulging folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment