Powered by: www.wowwoo.com

Monday 2 September 2013

Nasi Lemak

Nasi Lemak has been our tradition for many years. We eat it no matter it’s for breakfast, lunch or dinner because it is filling and goes very well with any other dish, be it chicken/ beef rending, prawn/sotong sambal, or even with some yummy gravy! If it’s possible, I would love start my day with fragrant, and tasty nasi lemak every given day. Well, of course it would not be possible! Just think about all the calories that will be accumulated in my body. *sigh*

Courtesy of Wowwoo


Okay, we know for a fact that roadside nasi lemak has that extra ‘kick’ and extra ‘taste’ because of the way of preparation of nasi lemak. However I was curious if nasi lemak that we get from restaurants will be as good as those that bought from road side. So, I’ve decided to head to my own food tour to answer my own curiosity and satisfy my tummy. 

My first stop is the renowned Village Park Restaurant which has won numerous awards for their famous nasi lemak over. I heard people rave about the delicious nasi lemak here, and once I’ve tried it, they were true! Why, you asked? Well, here’s why! I realized that the rice that they serve is rich with coconut milk, just with the right amount, not too much or less. Also contributing to the yummy nasi lemak is the spicy sweet sambal that the name answers all. One of the favorite here is the succulent fried chicken drumstick, marinated with several fragrant spices, just the way I like it! Nasi lemak priced at RM3 – RM8 depending on your preference.




Courtesy of Wowwoo
Secondly, I head to Madam Kwan which is also quite popular among those who visit Pavilion or Midvalley frequently. They serve various food here, however to fulfill my curiosity, I’d ordered a nice plate of nasi lemak. Looked equally as appealing as Village Park restaurant, the dish arrived on my table and I can’t wait to taste them! The plate of nasi lemak is such a pretty sight to the eyes. Accompanied with a huge chicken drumstick which is so tender, spicy sambal as well as rendang gravy, this dish is the bomb! This was slightly expensive compare to the previous ones, (RM16.90) but it’s worth it!

All these yummy-licious posts is making me hungry, but hey I just had my lunch! If you want to experience it, just go ahead to the outlet and have your nasi lemak today!


No comments:

Post a Comment